Martin-Harris’s safety record is unparalleled. Our approach to safety is driven by a highly experienced team whose focus on keeping everyone safe is aligned with our Clients’s objectives.
Martin-Harris’s safety philosophy is founded on the TH!NK principle—the development of a culture that focuses on having every person on site encouraged and trained to identify hazards, and empowered to correct the hazard, report unsafe conditions, and stop work if a hazard exists.
Key components to the TH!NK Program:
Zero Accidents/Zero Tolerance Philosophy
- Zero Accidents is always the goal.
- Zero Tolerance for non-compliance to the plan or to standard regulations.
- Every Subcontractor and Supplier contract includes a safety clause requiring full acceptance and participation in the program.
Mandatory Project-Specific Safety Orientation Program
- Ensure that expectations are set with everyone from upper management down to the laborer on-site.
- Every Monday, Superintendents conduct tailgate meetings around a different safety topic to refocus workers on the tasks at hand.
- Train managers and workers on the TH!NK pre-activity hazard analysis procedures.
- Job-wide safety meetings to discuss important topics relevant to site-specific/seasonal hazards.
- Incident investigations are focused on finding the root cause and contributing factors to events in order to develop effective solutions.
Corrective Action Plans
- Re-TH!NK the task; develop a short term solution and a long-term solution that addresses the root cause to prevent similar incidents.