Congratulations to the City of Las Vegas and everyone on the design and construction team for this accomplishment!
Some of the building’s sustainable features include:
- Location next to the Bonneville Transit Center;
- Electric vehicle charging and reduced parking footprint;
- White roof to combat heat island effect;
- Reduced landscaping water use and reduced indoor water use by 40 percent;
- A 10-percent cost savings in energy use;
- Recycling in offices; and
- Use of healthy building materials
In addition, a solar power array is planned for the roof of the building.
The City issued a press release and GRN Vision, the sustainability consultant on the project, published a one-sheet about the strategy and top metrics if you are interested in learning more. Way to go team!